Friday, December 9, 2011

I feel ASHAMED!

I feel ashamed, what a title to start huh well read for your self and you will see why .this past Monday i saw something that made me really sad but extremely disappointed it. On my way to work in the morning i went thru my normal routine, getting my stuff ready, making sure i had my computer, notes, note pads pens, my coffee mug and all that. got in to my service van and it was a cold, cold morning,  i turned on the heater and Usually i don't wait for it to start heating the van but for some reason that morning i did. as i waited it a few minutes the heater started it to get the van warmed, i proceed it to get on the road. as i got into my main street, i was coming up to a green light and as i got closer i realized that there was a Man Walking in the middle of the main street, he had a long cane and immediately knew that he was BLIND and he somehow had gotten out of the pedestrian walk way and was now right in front of my van, the man had already started it to cross the intersection the light was green as i said, so i immediately put my flashing lights, completely slowed down my van and as i made an attempt to stop my van to get off and help this man i realized that there were cars coming behind me and if i did i was going to cause an accident, but at the same time i had this man just wondering on the lane not knowing where he was and where he was going. So i did the best thing i could do at the time, i follow him very closely i used my van as a shield in an attempt to protect him. he did not knew i was behind him, as all this was unfolding suddenly i realized that there were other people around standing at the gas station nearby or in their cars waiting for the lights to change but yet No One seem to know what to do or what may be more SAD no one Seem to Care. this whole story took a minute or two but in the midst of it all to me it felt like eternity, finally as this man finishing crossing the intersection a young man pull over and guide the poor soul back onto the side walk from there the poor man made it to a bench and waited for the buss where he got in and was on his way. As i pulled into the gas station I stayed in my van for a few minutes just thinking about the whole thing, i have not felt so sad in my life, here was a man's life in danger he could have got it hit by someone, he could have been killed! But yet the rest of the people around me except for the young man that help to the man back into the side walk, no one else seem to care at ALL. i taught if i should go introduce my self to the blind man while he was sitting in the bench waiting for the bus, so i could let him know of what had happen, but i did not wanted it to brag or did not wanted him to make me feel like hero. I felt SHAME because all i could do for him was to protect him while he walk across the street. I felt shame for all the people who saw this and did nothing, i felt shame that as human beings we don't react to the needs of others specially those who need us the most. I don't know this man's name and never will, i don't know if he was born blind, i don't know if he is married or has wife and kids or what he does for a living. But one thing is for certain He is some one's Family member. and someone would have been affected it if he was hurt! i went into the store got my coffee and i played all this in my mind for a few minutes, i realized i was taking my time today for this reason, God knew this was coming up, he knew that someone need it to be there to assist this man and it all worked out just in time. But also i taught this was a test by God to all those that were there at the intersection before i was. to all those who saw this as it happen before i did, all failed the test. Listen I'm not out to make my self a hero please don't look it this way. I feel ashamed even today because i think of all those time when i could had help someone and I CHOOSE to be on my way instead. Please don't be like those people sitting there going about their life's and miss the opportunities that God puts in front of you to help others. Please wake up and change your habits you never know how God will use you to affect the lives of others unless you Open up your self to God. Till this day i was just like you, busy, busy and busy. But after this I'm going to do what i can to stop and take more time to look around and see how is God trying to communicate with me and how he can use me to help others. Wont you do the same, I pray to God that you will. God Loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment